Jeweled Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp is coconut sugar or brown sugar if you prefer
- Pinches of cayenne pepper salt & pepper
- 1-2 tbsp fresh thyme stems removed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Halve squash with a sturdy knife, scoop out seeds/pulp, and then slice into ribbons.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, olive oil, coconut sugar, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper.
- Brush the liquid mixture over the squash pieces and arrange onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Finish: arrange cooked squash on a plate. Top generously with fresh thyme, pomegranate seeds and crushed pistachios. Serve immediately