Classic Warmed Olives
Cozy and comforting classic warmed olives served with bread or crackers is great for a movie or gam night in. This isn’t a recipe as much as it is a different method of serving a classic appetizer. Heating the olives intensifies their flavor subtly, and the mix of herbs and orange peel make it look and taste extra special.
- 2 cups of mixed olives with pits
- ¼ cup good quality olive oil
- Needles from 1 sprig of fresh rosemary minced
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ a small garlic clove crushed
- Fresh ground pepper
- Strips of peel from half an orange removed a vegetable peeler
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients and mix. Allow them to heat until fragrant, 7-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Pinot Noir is a great wine to pair with olives. Pictured in this recipe are a mix of Kalamata and Castelvetrano olives.