Coconut Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf of Italian bread torn into 1-2 inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups of shredded sweetened dried coconut
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a rectangular baking dish.
- Arrange bread pieces, overlapping as needed, in the baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs. Whisk in cream, milk, sugar, coconut, vanilla and nutmeg. Pour mixture over bread in dish, coating as many pieces as possible.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until bread is puffed and browned on top.
- Serve warm topped with syrup, pecans and extra coconut pieces.