Coconut Bread Pudding
This bread pudding is decadent- and great for feeding lots of mouths at once. Coconut flake “snow” top the mounds of decadent bread pudding. Perfect for a holiday morning splurge.
- 1 loaf of Italian bread torn into 1-2 inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups of shredded sweetened dried coconut
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a rectangular baking dish.
- Arrange bread pieces, overlapping as needed, in the baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs. Whisk in cream, milk, sugar, coconut, vanilla and nutmeg. Pour mixture over bread in dish, coating as many pieces as possible.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until bread is puffed and browned on top.
- Serve warm topped with syrup, pecans and extra coconut pieces.
𝘖𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘴, 𝘮𝘢𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘳𝘶𝘱, 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘵