Blackberry & Basil Mojito
- 6 large blackberries
- 3 basil leaves torn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- Sparkling water
- Muddle the blackberries and strain the juice into a tumbler. Be sure to get as much juice from the berries as possible. Discard the flesh and seeds.
- Add basil, sugar and lime into the tumbler and softly muddle the ingredients together.
- Add rum into the tumbler and shake to combine.
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour cocktail into a serving glass and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil and/or a single blackberry and serve.