Hasselback Potatoes with Whipped Rosemary Butter
Comfort food that is Instagram worthy. The finished potatoes in this recipe have crispy edges and a soft center… delicious. You can apply the same thin slice technique to sweet potatoes and butternut squash as well.
- 8 Tbsp. 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 8 small to medium sized russet potatoes scrubbed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, olive oil, rosemary, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Create hassleback cuts: slice each potato into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom unsliced.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and generously brush on the rosemary butter, making sure to get in between all the individual slices.
- Bake until tender and crisp, 55 minutes.
- Serve with additional toppings of rosemary butter, sea salt and fresh rosemary.