Spring Pea Soup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 10 oz. packages of frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the asparagus and onion, and cook for 10 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Add the chicken stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 3 minutes, until the peas are tender.
- Remove pot from the heat and add the mint, salt, and pepper.
- Using a food processor or high-speed blender, puree the soup in batches. Pour the soup into a large bowl and repeat until all the soup is pureed.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and taste for seasoning. Serve hot.